Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    IntelliNews
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    IntelliNews
    Home»UNITED STATES»FOX News»US Soccer officials barred by FIFA from Belgium World Cup match over apparent protocol violations: report
    FOX News

    US Soccer officials barred by FIFA from Belgium World Cup match over apparent protocol violations: report

    IntelliNewsBy IntelliNewsjuillet 8, 2026Aucun commentaire2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    FIFA issued suspensions to at least two key members of the U.S. Soccer Federation ahead of Monday’s World Cup matchup with Belgium, according to multiple reports.

    ESPN reported that team manager Sam Zapatka and U.S. Soccer Federation Vice President of Security Frank Pannell were the two staff members barred from the match. The U.S. went on to suffer a 4-1 loss to Belgium, ending its 2026 World Cup run.

    The tournament’s governing body did not provide a reason for the suspensions.

    CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM

    ESPN, citing sources, also reported that the suspensions were likely tied to incidents that occurred during Team USA’s victory over Bosnia and Herzegovina last week in the Round of 32. The alleged violations involved FIFA match protocols and individuals possibly entering restricted areas. There were no known physical altercations.

    USA ADVANCES IN WORLD CUP AFTER CONTROVERSIAL RED CARD VS BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA

    After joining the U.S. Soccer Federation in 2015, Zapatka was named team administrative manager in 2020.

    While U.S. Soccer did not reveal why the suspensions were imposed, it stressed Tuesday that they were not connected to the appeal process surrounding star striker Folarin Balogun’s one-match red-card suspension.

    Belgium challenged FIFA’s decision to lift Balogun’s suspension, but the governing body ultimately stood by its original ruling, allowing Team USA’s forward to take the field.

    President Donald Trump said Monday that he watched the controversial play and later called FIFA President Gianni Infantino to discuss the red card.

    « I spoke with Gianni, » Trump told reporters at the White House.

    « All I did was, I asked for a review, because I didn’t think it was a foul, » the president said. « And again, I’m good at this stuff. I didn’t think it was a foul. I thought it was two great athletes who crashed into each other and got entangled. »

    With the victory over the U.S., Belgium advanced to the quarterfinals and will face Spain on Friday at Los Angeles Stadium.

    Follow Fox News Digital’s sports coverage on X, and subscribe to the Fox News Sports Huddle newsletter.



    Source link : https://www.foxnews.com/sports/us-soccer-officials-barred-fifa-belgium-world-cup-match-protocol-violations-report

    Author :

    Publish date : 2026-07-08 02:30:00

    Copyright for syndicated content belongs to the linked Source.

    FOX News
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    IntelliNews

      Related Posts

      El-Sayed’s half sister revealed as radical professor arrested for allegedly assaulting a cop at anti-ICE riot

      août 14, 2026

      Innovation is key to America staying a superpower. But it is missing an essential piece

      août 14, 2026

      Detransitioners reveal how doctors pushed them toward life-altering treatment as teens

      août 14, 2026
      juillet 2026
      LMMJVSD
       12345
      6789101112
      13141516171819
      20212223242526
      2728293031 
      « Juin   Août »
      Catégories
      Archives
      Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
      © 2026

      Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.